Thursday, September 23, 2010

It's Coming! Run for your lives!

I just sent Rob an email telling him that we needed a fucking blurb for the upper-left corner. Last issue sold two fucking copies over a year in the stores, and it was a beautiful art object. This time I'm catering to the ignorant swine and putting things like a price and a confession as to the nature of the contents on the front, and a blurb is just what we need, since my Girl Cooties logo was horrible to behold.

So I have finally cracked and entered the tunnel. I have begun the design and typesetting process, and soon there will be a new series of prints in the works. That's right, I'm starting production on the next issue of Swill. This year has been so overwhelming that I've been dragging my feet badly on this as well as many other fronts. I mean, it's not like I haven't been keeping busy.

But the time has come. Expect a lot of graphics-related posts in the next little while.

2 comments:

robp said...

Hunting for blurb, would love to see what's horrible to behold.

Sean Craven said...

I went to go and post it -- I have no shame, I put up the skull-faced sweet-potato sea monster -- but it was so bad I erased it without saving.

I did it in Illustrator, using simple lines and shapes, so it was like dealing with perfect geometric cutouts on construction paper, and that was the problem.

I'm going to try it again, this time on paper first, like a sane person.