Friday, November 5, 2010

Lip Service West

We'll see if Rob is going to be able to print this. If so, we're off to the races.

So there's exciting news. As usual. But this isn't as usual!

As usual.

Anyway. I've got exciting news! I've been asked to participate in Lip Service West. It will be on December 10. I can't tell you how excited I am about this.

If you aren't familiar with Lip Service, it's a fairly high-end program devoted to live readings of autobiographical material by literary writers. It tends toward the gritty and transgressive. Sounds within my range, if a bit ambitious. Which I am.

I was familiar with Lip Service long before I began writing seriously, and remember in detail some readings that were broadcast on NPR. When my writing pal Allison Landa (You have read her piece on Salon, haven't you?) read, I attended and was impressed past what I'd expected. It was a rock solid program.

It gave me that itch. I wanted in. So I threw a few pieces at Joe Clifford, the organizer. And he expressed interest, and I expressed interest, and things have gotten to such a pass as to have me saying, hey.

Show the fuck up on December 10, and you will hear about how I...






Ah. I'll tell you then.

7 comments:

Amy said...

Congrats, Sean! Sounds like a fabulous opportunity.

robp said...

Hey, Sean.

Cool but no surprise on the acceptance. Any more info on the reading? It isn't yet mentioned on the websites for either Lip Service West or the San Pablo Arts Council.

Having attended the same reading you did, I can vouch for the quality of the readers. I've purchased one book that was read from that night, and will definitely get Allison's when it is published.

Allison Landa said...

Wow, congrats! I know what I'm doing Dec. 10!

Glendon Mellow said...

Nice!

I'm bringing popcorn and lime pop.

Miranda said...

Congrats - awesomeness!

Sean Craven said...

Thank you all.

pita said...

9a replica bags zeal replica bags replica bags louis vuitton