Sunday, November 23, 2008

The Horror! The Horror!




Well, after spending the early morning with the missus I decided to turn my attentions to preparing for the next print day. First I made a folder for the files I was going to bring in, then I started to drag and drop. And I was only able to find a couple of the Bonelands pieces that hadn't been colored and printed. I went through all the files; I had only the three above prints unfinished.

So I went mad. I worked until they were all done. Not an impossible task given how far along they already were but still. And now I'm almost done. All I have to do is print the last batch of these and the show's ready. Then I print the big canvas piece and I'm set.

Mostly.

Anyway, I'm kind of amazed that this is happening within a few days of the novel's finish. I'm starting to feel as though I've got my shit together for the first time in my life.

Let's see if it goes anywhere...

More plot tomorrow.

3 comments:

marcos said...

Im glad that you feel that way. im a burned out prodigy hopefully you never experienced the horrors of being good at everything, not giving a damn is seriously the answer to a happy life.

Zach said...

I really like these pieces, especially the ape skull (I'm assuming it's an ape skull). I really need to get cracking on finding a new Wacom pen, as mine is busted. I need to learn digital art!

Sean Craven said...

Hey, Lunchboxxx, being good at everything is something I don't need to worry about -- and for me the trick isn't so much not giving a damn as it is caring more about the good things more than the stuff that sucks. Of course tricks never work...

Zach, I'm glad you dig the pictures. If you do get a new Wacom you'll also get scaled-down and usable versions of both Painter and Photoshop so you'll be in a good position to start messing around with digital rendering.

I'm pretty sure the skull isn't from an ape -- if it is, it's from a juvenile and it doesn't look juvenile to me. I think it's some kind of monkey but I'm no expert so I can't hazard a guess.