Friday, April 3, 2009

Inkblot Panorama 6

Barring inspiration, here's the finished version. I wound up using the full range of my digital color techniques. Click for a larger image -- you know you want to.

I generated an initial palette in Illustrator, then brought it into Photoshop. I rendered the inkblots by using the Map to Gradient function, then messed around with the colors and values of each element using adjustment layers until I had something that pleased me.

Finally I went over the 'closer' elements, the faces and the front mountain, and added subtle highlights and shadows by using layers set to Multiply, which I blurred and rendered transparent until the marks I made didn't show as marks.

For the next one I'm going to try using more sophisticated gradients when I render the grayscale images in color. Should be interesting...

No comments: