Thursday, February 26, 2009

Psittacosaurus neimongoleinsis: Part Nine And Over


And there we go. Now I'm all set to work out the colors -- although I suspect I may have a couple of hours worth of dividing light and shadow into separate shapes in order to accommodate the patterning.

Jesus. I think I'm going to make my deadlines without shaming myself.

But I am toast with loads more to go -- writer's group, printing, possibly varnishing a canvas, putting together an initial packet for the Bonelands prints, editing for the writer's group, the LitPunk reading on Saturday ...

It sure beats boredom, though.

2 comments:

Glendon Mellow said...

You could animate this wholoe thing into a little morphing movie.

Looks great, Sean!

Sean Craven said...

Thanks, Glendon. I went through the uglies on this one early on but when I added the shading I started to feel as though I wasn't going to embarrass myself in front of my fancy new dinosaur pals. Thankfully that, "Okay, I guess I know what I'm doing," feeling is getting to be more and more familiar to me.

Now you've got me wondering about Flash -- it's the one program in the Adobe Creative Suite that I don't use. Hmm... could this be an excuse to buy another goddamned instructional manual? Get thee behind me, Amazon!

March first, dude. Coming up fast, isn't it?