Sunday, May 17, 2009

Moonwatch 2


I am burnt -- been doing this since around six or so this morning. I think I'm gonna call it a day...

The look of this piece is taking me by surprise -- it's both kinda photographic and kinda Max-Ernsty. Getting the colors right is going to be a fun chore -- and as always the piece isn't really going to come to life before I go in and beef up the shadows and highlights by hand.

I'm also going to try some experiments with masked adjustment layers to add depth to the mountains. We'll see how that works...

4 comments:

robp said...

Well it looks fucking good to me. Of course, you're the one who knows what you're trying for, I'm just some guy relieved that today feels a little less hot than yesterday. So hopefully your studio has been of a reasonable temperature. Nothing like deadlines to bring out the finished product.

Glendon Mellow said...

Pretty awesome. I see what you mean about the Ernst-qualities.

It kind of disturbs me.

Sean Craven said...

Oi, Rob! You do know that this is one of the illustrations for the next Swill, right?

And Glendon. That this 'kind of disturbs you' is one of the best compliments I've received thus far.

Anonymous said...

off white clothing
curry shoes
kyrie irving shoes
off white hoodie
supreme hoodie
off white
supreme clothing
bapesta shoes
kyrie 9
golden goose shoes